What's wrong with the lights on my artificial Christmas tree?
Pre-lit Frosted Dover Blue Spruce pictured above
Follow our troubleshooting guide to solving your lighting problems
The whole tree won’t light:
- Check the fuse in the plug
- Faulty transformer; we will replace this under our Lifetime Warranty, check out our Terms and Conditions
- Wire damaged; unfortunately this is not covered under our Lifetime Warranty. Try and get it repaired by a qualified electrician.
Just a section won’t light:
- Check the connections in the tree as it is easy to get them mixed. It is easier connecting them as you build the tree rather than doing them all at the end.
- Bulb broken or blown; check each bulb in the un-lit section. Get in touch with us and we will send out some replacements. If you have the same type of bulb, LED or filament, of the same wattage you can replace just the glass part. Keep the plastic base of the bulb off the broken one and gently ease out the glass from the plastic. Replace the glass with the glass from the replacement bulb. Please take care as the glass will shatter if undue pressure is applied.
- Broken wire; either get it repaired by a qualified electrician or get in touch with us and we can supply a new loop of lights, if you are prepared to attach them to the tree.
Here at Hayes Garden World we are proud of our service and thankfully the majority of our customers think so too, so you can order with confidence. If you do have a problem our sales team are only too happy to sort it out to your satisfaction.