How To Clean The Mould Off The Cushions On Natural Rattan And Cane Conservatory Furniture
Prevent moulds growing on cushions by keeping them warm and dry
Desser Clifton conservatory suite (pictured above)
Natural rattan and cane cushions on conservatory furniture do not have any waterproofing treatments applied to them so they can all be washed at a temperature of 40C (104F). As with the outdoor cushions prevention is better than cure so make sure the cushions are kept in a dry environment. If they are in a garden room and getting mouldy then maybe it would be advisable to take them out and store them somewhere dry when not in use.
If washing alone does not remove the mould then follow the steps outlined below:
- Take a bucket of tepid water
- Add ½ cup Vanish stain remover and ½ cup white wine vinegar
- Mix until dissolved
- Take the covers off the filling
- Scrub the mould gently with the solution on a soft brush
- If this doesn’t work at first you may have to apply lemon juice and Vanish directly to the mould and leave for a few minutes before further scrubbing with the solution
- Remove the covers from the filling and wash as normal
- Make sure they are completely dry before putting the filling back in.
For more information on keeping garden and conservatory furniture in pristine condition for longer just click on the links below: