Ooni Karu 12 Multi-Fuel Pizza OvenReference No: 8013
Wood or Charcoal Fuelled Portable Pizza Oven
The Ooni Karu 12 Multi-Fuel Pizza Oven offers Ooni cooking at another level but is still portable. The oven can be fuelled by kindling sized hardwood (not pellets) & charcoal with the option of purchasing a separate burner to cook with gas. The fuel options create different cooking conditions - wood is great for foods that need fast cooking times such as thin pizza's, steak, fish and vegetables. Charcoal gives you a base temperature without excess flame so is ideal for deeper pizza's, baking bread & the option of cooking meat low & slow. A charcoal/wood mix offers the best of both worlds with a steady base temperature from the charcoal the addition of wood for a burst of heat and wood-fired flavour. The addition of a gas burner offers control, speed & ease for a quick result. Whatever fuel you choose to use, the Karu relies on good air circulation to reach optimum temperatures & has a number of vents to control the temperature by managing the fuel burn.
The oven takes approximately 15 minutes to get up to temperature but may need 5-10 additional minutes to achieve the right flame & stone temperature (at least 752°F (400°C)) & will cook a truly great wood-fired pizza in just 60 seconds. There is also a range of Ooni cast iron pans & griddles available that can be used to cook a wider selection of dishes including meat, seafood & vegetables.
There are lots of recipes and guides available on the Ooni website & their YouTube channel offering inspiration & top tips.
- Ceramic fibre-insulated brushed 430 stainless steel shell to hold in heat and provide the required temperatures for 60-second pizza and more.
- Collapsible legs for easy transport and storage. The non-slip feet keep Ooni Karu steady and keep your surfaces scratch-free.
- Custom-designed fuel tray maximizes airflow & delivers a powerful blast of searing flame – load it up with real wood or charcoal, with no excess ash to clean.
- Chimney draws heat through Ooni Karu when cooking with wood & charcoal. The chimney’s quick release feature allows you to set up and pack down with ease. The chimney vent controls the total airflow through the oven body and can be adjusted while wearing heat resistant gloves.
- Fuel hatch is fully insulated to hold in heat. Remove when adding wood and charcoal to the burner.
- Rear vent cap covers the rear of Ooni Karu when cooking with wood or charcoal to control flames.
- 15mm (0.6″) extra thick pizza stone baking board custom-made from cordierite stone for optimized heat retention and the perfect pizza base.
- Viewing hole on oven door so that you can check the flame output without removing the door.
- Slot on the bottom of oven opening for resting the door while you add, remove or rotate your food.
- Dimensions: 77 x 40 x 80cm (30 x 15 x 31″)
- Cooking surface: 33 cm (13″)
- Weight: 12kg (25.6lbs)
- Ooni Karu can be stored outdoors & the Ooni Karu Carry Cover is perfect for keeping it dry and free from garden debris. Where possible, store Ooni Karu indoors, especially during adverse weather conditions.
- Ooni Karu must be completely dry and cool before attempting to move or store.
- Cleaning the inside of Ooni Karu is easy: Simply run at top temperatures for 30 minutes to burn off excess food. Once cool, the inside can be wiped down with dry paper towels. The outer shell of Ooni Karu can be wiped down with warm, soapy water and dried immediately. Avoid abrasive cleaning products or those with harsh chemicals.
- The stone baking board can be cleaned using the Ooni Pizza Brush to remove any leftover flour or ingredients. For stubborn marks, allow Ooni Karu to cool completely before flipping the stone baking board: the high temperatures inside Ooni Karu will naturally clean the underside. Always wait for the stone to completely cool before doing so. The stone baking board is not dishwasher safe - do not use dish-washing liquid.
- Never leave your Ooni Karu unattended & never use in high winds.
- Do not apply water to Ooni Karu to extinguish or cool as this can cause damage and personal injury.
All Ooni products come with a 1-year warranty as standard, and they will extend that to a 3-year warranty on Ooni pizza ovens when you register your pizza oven with Ooni.
FREE Mainland UK delivery on all orders Over £50 and £4.99 delivery charge on all orders Under £50. None UK deliveries quoted at checkout (if available).
Contactless Delivery – no signature required, see enhanced delivery details for full process.
- Whilst you cannot select a specific delivery date during checkout, once the order has been processed, a delivery window will be provided where possible, either the evening before or the morning of delivery.
- We can deliver to a different address than the billing address. This option is available during the checkout process.
- If you would like the order leaving with a neighbour or in a specific place, please indicate this during the checkout process.
- No need to worry about the hassle of returning faulty or damaged products. Hayes Garden World shall arrange collection, or exchange should it be necessary.
- Our courier will print returns label and attach when they collect.
- Ordered the wrong product or it is unsuitable and you wish to return it? No problem, we will enclose full details of the return address and process.