Chempak Sulphur FertiliserReference No: 915
Important trace element, gives ericaceous plants the ideal soil base for healthy growth. Many ericaceous plants will not grow, or will show signs of trace element deficiencies if the soil is not ideal for that plant. Most common ericaceous (lime-hating) plants will not grow in limey soils. Chempak Sulphur chips will gradually reduce the pH content to make the soil suitable for healthy growth. Sulphur is also an important major plant food. Chempak Sulphur chips will provide this essential element.
- Chempak Sulphur can be used at any time of year, but does tend to be more effective in warm soils.
- Add to soil or compost and thoroughly mix in.
- Top dress on the surface area and work in by hand or hoe.
- Safe to use between established container plants where soil conditions are not ideal. For new plants, dig Chempak Sulphur in to the top 6-8".
- Use 4oz. per sq. yd. (135gms per sq.m.) This will reduce the pH value by approximately 0.5 to 1 unit on the pH scale. It is advisable to wait until the soil warms to see the effectiveness of this application.
If the desired pH is not realised more sulphur will be needed. pH is a measure of soil acidity or alkalinity on a scale from 0-14units. Neutral soil condition has a pH value of 7; acid soils are lowerthan this; alkaline (limey) soils have a higher reading.
pH6 = acidic
pH7 = neutral
pH8 = limey
Soil pH is easily tested by either chemical or electronic DIY test kits available in most garden shops. Once ideal soil pH is achieved it should be monitored regularly tosee it is not creeping back, as lime frequently 'comes through' onchalky soils. Apply remedial sulphur chips if necessary.
Many plants will exhibit chlorosis (yellowing) or iron deficiency on limey soils. Correcting the soil condition will provide a permanent solution. Chempak Iron will correct these deficiencies quickly and may be analternative or temporary solution.
Sulphur is combustible and may give off toxic fumes in the event of a fire.Fire fighting measures - douse with water. Store safely in the original container away from heat sources. Wash hands after use.
FREE Mainland UK delivery on all orders Over £50 and £4.99 delivery charge on all orders Under £50.
- Whilst you cannot select a specific delivery date during checkout, once the order has been processed, a delivery window will be provided where possible, either the evening before or the morning of delivery.
- We can deliver to a different address than the billing address. This option is available during the checkout process.
- If you would like the order leaving with a neighbour or in a specific place, please indicate this during the checkout process.
- No need to worry about the hassle of returning faulty or damaged products. Hayes Garden World shall arrange collection, or exchange should it be necessary.
- Our courier will print returns label and attach when they collect.
- Ordered the wrong product or it is unsuitable and you wish to return it? No problem, we will enclose full details of the return address and process.