Chempak Seed Base
Reference No: 917
Chempak Seed Base
This is a reliable method for converting peat into seed and cutting compost which is ideal for sowing seeds, striking cutting sand for the first potting up of seedlings. Use in conjunction with Soluwet Wetting Agent which will help to 're-wet' the compost, promote germination, lessen evaporation and reduce watering.
- Use good quality moss or sedge peat and moisten before use.
- Use a two gallon size bucket. Measure out six buckets of peat and two buckets of sharp sand (or grit or perlite). To mix smaller quantities use pro-rata amounts.
- For peat-only compost, use just 8 buckets (16 gallons) of peat. Add the contents of the pack and mix thoroughly.
- Leave for one or two days before use.
Best results with all composts are achieved when freshly made, therefore mix as required. After four to six weeks additional feeding is recommended. For best results use the appropriate Chempak Soluble Plant Food.
Makes 72 litres, sufficient compost for at least:-
20 seed trays or 175 x 3½" pots
or 60 x 5" pots or 30 x 7" pots
or 18 x 8" pots or 13 x 9" pots
or 9 x 10" pots or 2 x growing bags
Use Chempak Seed Compost for sowing seeds, striking cuttings and for the first potting on of seedlings. Use Chempak Potting Compost for re-potting and potting on established plants only. Both composts can be used for over wintering tubers.
Also useful for over wintering tubers. Although there is no need to add lime to the Chempak composts, some plants like carnations and brassicas benefit from extra amounts. For these 'lime lovers' add 4oz of any lime brand to the contents of this pack. Use Chempak Ericaceous Base to make compost for lime-hating plants.
FREE Mainland UK delivery on all orders Over £50 and £4.99 delivery charge on all orders Under £50.
- Whilst you cannot select a specific delivery date during checkout, once the order has been processed, a delivery window will be provided where possible, either the evening before or the morning of delivery.
- We can deliver to a different address than the billing address. This option is available during the checkout process.
- If you would like the order leaving with a neighbour or in a specific place, please indicate this during the checkout process.
- No need to worry about the hassle of returning faulty or damaged products. Hayes Garden World shall arrange collection, or exchange should it be necessary.
- Our courier will print returns label and attach when they collect.
- Ordered the wrong product or it is unsuitable and you wish to return it? No problem, we will enclose full details of the return address and process.