What Are The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Electric Barbecues?
Weber Q Electric Grill
No space for a gas or charcoal barbecue? Electric may be the answer
- They can be used indoors.
- They can usually be used in apartments and houses with restrictions on barbecuing. Check your lease first.
- They are usually quite small and compact so are ideal if space is an issue.
- Easy to clean.
- There are no charcoal or gas fumes.
- The temperature is controllable.
- They are usually small so cooking for a large party could be a problem.
- There is no authentic barbecue flavour.
- They don’t reach the high temperatures needed to sear the meat; this can be possible with the grills which have sear marks on the lid.