How To Paint Natural Rattan And Cane Conservatory Furniture
Paint your tired, old rattan or cane conservatory furniture
- Brush gently with a soft wire brush to remove any loose fragments.
- Sand down gently with sand paper to create an abrasive surface which will create better adherence for the paint.
- Brush with a soft brush or vacuum with the soft brush attachment to remove any dust created from wire brushing and sanding down.
- Make sure the furniture is thoroughly dry.
- Make sure you are painting in a well-ventilated area and wearing safety goggles and mask.
- Apply 2 thin coats of an oil-based undercoat; allow to dry thoroughly between coats.
- Apply 2 thin coats of an oil-based top coat; allow to dry thoroughly between coats.
- Turn the furniture upside-down and paint the underside first.
You can use either a brush or a spray to apply the paint but spraying does work out more expensive as paint is lost.
Allow to dry for a week before using.
For more information on keeping garden and conservatory furniture in pristine condition for longer just click on the links below: