How To Make A Three Cheese And Caramelised Onion Sandwich On The Traeger Pro 22 Wood Pellet Grill
The ultimate toasted cheese sandwich made on the barbecue
This is the ultimate gooey, creamy, tangy cheese sandwich and really easy to make. If you’re doing a low and slow joint of meat for dinner this makes for a fantastic lunch.
- good quality artisan bread; sliced thickly
- strong Cheddar cheese; grated (we used Colliers strong Welsh)
- Garstang Blue cheese; crumbled
- mozzarella; broken into small pieces
- Dijon mustard
- caramelised red onions; either bought or just gently cook some red onion slices in butter and soft light brown sugar until they go sticky
Pre-heat the Traeger to 230C.
Mix together equal quantities of Dijon mustard and mayonnaise.
Generously butter one side of the bread slices, turn the slices over so that the buttered side is on the outside. Spread a spoonful of the mustard mayonnaise mixture on the un-buttered side, then some of each of the three cheeses and finally a spoonful of the caramelised onion. Top with another slice of bread, again with the buttered side on the outside.
Place directly onto the grill and cook for about 10 minutes on each side until the bread is toasted and the cheese melted and gooey.