Hayes Garden World Reaps The Rewards Of Social Media
HAYES GARDEN WORLD SOCIAL MEDIA CHRISTMAS
CAMPAIGN - CHARITY TREE
(5th November - 12th December 2014)
- Increase likes/followers on Facebook and Twitter
- Boost activity and interaction on the Facebook page
- Increase social sharing on hayesgardenworld.co.uk
- Increase newsletter signups
Summary Of Strategy
- Run a 12 week Christmas competition giving away Christmas trees to fans and selected charities based on the social sharing of the charity tree page/image.
- Encourage the sharing of the charity tree through conversation and engagement.
- Encourage fans to invite their friends to interact with the tree.
- Reach out to users not yet following us on Twitter.
- Encourage fans to comment as well as liking and sharing the tree.
- Strike up conversation with fans to build up more buzz and momentum.
- Encourage fans to interact on the web page itself as this will be the only way to light the tree up.
- Increase followers on Instagram and Pinterest.
- Create conversation and buzz online through the use of external sites.
- Encourage sign ups through the use of our social media platforms.
- Encourage sign ups through the use of our website.
- Social sharing increased by a whopping 4645% on hayesgardenworld.co.uk
- 746 newsletter signups
Page likes over the campaign duration (3 months)
Total number of people reached daily (average 1748 people per day)
Jamie Oliver Summer Giveaway
(1st March - 31st August 2012)
● Increase brand presence on Facebook and Twitter.
● Boost activity and interaction on the Facebook page.
● Increase traffic to www.hayesgardenworld.co.uk .
Summary Of Strategy
- Devised a social media strategy based on Jamie Oliver.
- Launched a Facebook advertising campaign, creating and split testing adverts to promote the campaign.
- Facebook fan page, promoting the campaign with competition information, as well as links to their website.
- Evaluated analytics, and established ways to improve them throughout the campaign.
- Carried out a social media research program and executed a creative writing strategy
- targeting gardening/garden furniture related forums. This included link building and
- following up conversations created.
- Creation of Facebook tabs which allowed users to suggest Hayes page to their friends, which helped the campaign go viral.
- Campaign generated 2348 new likes
- VR (Virality Rate) on Competition Post = 33.12% (+ 8.12%)
- Social Media Referral Traffic to hayesgardenworld.co.uk = 7.24%
- No. of e-newsletter subscribers + 4050%
Page likes over the campaign duration (6 months)
Total number of people reached daily (average 1078 people per day)
Other Successful Campaigns