The BIG Hayes Christmas Charity Fundraiser
Need funds for your worthy cause?
This year Hayes are throwing open the doors to selected groups of charities to come and fund raise in store on the 4 weekends running up to Christmas. We are looking for 8 local children's charities or primary schools to do 1 day each. As the weekends running up to Christmas are absolutely manic, we expect the chosen charities to be amply rewarded. We will choose the lucky 8 from the list of applicants; priority will be given to originality and entertainment value, the wacky, weird and plain wonderful, so please no bag packing (we don’t give out bags any more) or bucket rattling.
If you have an imaginative idea which you think our customers would pay to support, then please apply. We will donate £50 to each of the winning applicants to help towards expenses, prizes etc. Ideas could include:
- Carol singing
- Danceathon (we provide the piano)
- Dressing in fancy dress appropriate for Christmas
- Face painting
- Helpful Elves; carry shopping to customer’s cars
- Pushing customers trollies for them dressed in fancy dress (remember you will need a lot of volunteers as customers can spend several hours in store; or you could put a limit on the time)
- Jokeathon; best Christmas jokes
- Tombola; source prizes from parents, friends and local businesses
- Compile a quiz sheet for sale; get businesses to donate prizes
- Ask for spare coppers and make a tower; set a target height
These are just a few ideas we’re sure you can come up with something even better!
Apply by filling in the form on the Contact Us page.