BBQ’d stuffed red peppers
To support the launch of our VVQ campaign, we have reached out to brands and chefs from all over the UK to share their favourite vegan/veggie recipes with us. Today’s recipe is for tasty stuffed red peppers, from ChicP.
ChicP hummus is made primarily from raw vegetables, one of the healthiest food options available. All the hummus is high in protein and free from gluten, dairy and added sugar. ChicP was also founded on a passionate commitment to reducing waste. They act on this by supporting British farmers by using fruit and vegetables that are not seen ‘fit’ for supermarket use.
This is a very easy and quick recipe, great as an accompaniment to other BBQ dishes, as a starter or with a big green salad!
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 4 Romanesco red peppers (sliced lengthways and de-seeded)
- 250g cashew nuts
- Handful of parsley: (chopped)
- 4 sprigs of Rosemary
- 4 large tomatoes; (chopped finely)
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- On a chopping board, place the sliced red peppers cut side up.
- Crush half the cashews (use the back of a spoon or chop with a knife) and leave the remainder whole.
- Evenly spread both the whole and crushed cashews in the halves of peppers.
- Follow with the chopped tomatoes, then the parsley and finally the rosemary.
- Drizzle a generous amount of olive oil over the top of each pepper and season with salt and pepper.
- Place on the BBQ and cook until the base is nicely softened with a good BBQ griddle mark!
Enjoy straight away.
Don’t forget to share your vegetarian or vegan BBQ recipes on our Facebook page for the chance to win one of five BBQ prizes.