BBQ sweet chilli halloumi crunch wraps
Tasty, healthy supper dish quickly grilled on the BBQ
To get more BBQers trying meat-free recipes on the barbie this summer, we’ve worked with a range of top chefs and brands across the UK to share their favourite vegetarian and vegan BBQ recipes. (For more reasons why you should try meat-free meals on the BBQ, check out our VVQ campaign here).
Today’s vegetarian recipe is from LoveRadish.co.uk.
Love Radish is a website featuring all things radish, including a lot of health facts and a vast array of recipes to make use of the vegetable. This particular recipe is for a sweet chilli halloumi crunch wrap.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
For the dressing
- 3tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1tbsp olive oil
For the salad
- 250g Halloumi
- 1 Little Gem lettuce; leaves separated
- 2 sticks of celery; sliced diagonally, keep the leaves and add to the salad
- 4 spring onions; sliced diagonally
- 6 radishes; quartered
- 3 wraps or flatbreads
- Combine all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Cut the halloumi into 9 slices and toss in half of the dressing.
- Cook on a BBQ for 5 minutes, turning halfway through until they’re crisp and browned on the outside.
- While the Halloumi is cooking put the leaves, celery, spring onion and radishes into a bowl, drizzle with the remaining dressing and mix it through. Divide the salad between the wraps, lay the halloumi slices on top and serve immediately.
Don’t forget to share your vegetarian or vegan BBQ recipes on our Facebook page too for the chance to win one of five BBQ prizes.
Check out the blog pages with more info on vegan/veggie barbecuing.